Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Meatless Monday, Take Two

So, I didn't plan it as such, but this past Monday ended up being another meatless Monday. Pretty much the same scenario - I got home from work, didn't feel like pulling out anything to defrost for dinner, so voila, meatless goodness.

And our meal of choice ended up being: Spinach and Tomato Pizza


We used a Pilsbury bread mix to make the crust, although I'm pretty sure it was just flour and a few added ingredients and then the yeast (we followed the directions on the box for the crust, although I think next time I'll just make my own), added a can of plain tomato sauce (14.5 oz can) mixed with 1 tsp. of sugar and 1 Tbs. of what my spice rack calls pizza seasoning. We topped that off with an 8 oz. bag of mozzarella cheese, a few hand fulls of fresh flat leaf spinach, and some canned diced tomatoes (fresh would've been better but it's what we had). Then we melted some butter, added a bit of garlic and parmesean cheese and brushed it on the crust. Perhaps this step would have been better if I would have done it after it baked some or even at the very end, but even so, the end result was a very delicious pizza.



1 comment: