Monday, March 26, 2012

The Timeshare Bedroom

So, when I bought my house almost two years ago, my best friend made a claim on one of my downstairs bedrooms. It was dubbed 'Amanda's room' ever since. Seeing as I have a four bedroom house, and one is my bedroom, this left two for my parents to fight over. But since I don't have a huge amount of furniture, it ended up that my other downstairs bedroom had to be used for both sets of my parents (they're divorced). And thus it became the timeshare room. When I first moved in, this room had beige walls and bright red carpet. Over time I decided to paint the walls a green color to bring out the crown moulding in the room, which wasn't very noticable with the beige. Then, I decided to pull up the carpet to expose the hardwood underneath. I would have loved to keep the hardwood, but the floor wasn't completely finished and was just plywood in some areas, so finally, the room became carpetted. Below are some pictures of it's journey.






1 comment:

  1. HEY!! Looks nice now! Love it! Put "Amanda's room" up next! ;-D

    ReplyDelete