Friday, March 23, 2012

Sunset Cruise - York River

My husband and I got married roughly half a year ago, but were not exactly rich at the time, so decided to keep our honeymoon nice but not necessarily extravagant. My dad has a timeshare and had a location in Williamsburg, VA and with it being a relatively short drive from Pittsburgh, that ended up being our honeymoon location. I know, most people fly off to Hawaii or some beautiful island resort, but I have to say, I was quite pleased with our choice.

One of the experiences we had during our week in Virginia was a sunset sail on the York River. The tall ship that we were on was called the Alliance, and it was a perfect October evening for two newlyweds. We actually met a couple from Pittsburgh while we were on the boat, who were celebrating their anniversary. I've included some pictures below, but if you are in Williamsburg with your love, definitely give this a try. There was a family on our cruise too, so it would be a nice experience for families as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment